Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 85

Thread: How did you get to start reading yaoi?

  1. #61
    Inactive Member Countess D's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Originally posted by Kaori:
    Hmmm..thats really interesting. I have a question though..is all yaoi smut?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not at all! there are some really cute and funny stuff. Of course there's also sex, but usually there's some sort of warning telling you about those (not that I mind them [img]wink.gif[/img] )

    If you ask me, I find homosexual relationships more appealing than the heterosexual ones. I don't know...I guess I find their love more pure (now I'm getting all corny)

  2. #62
    Inactive Member Kaori's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2003
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lol, corny is right...no offense, that was funny though. I guess I'll just have to read some to find out. can anyone recommend one that is really good but not overly smutty?

  3. #63
    Inactive Member SnowFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah this is kindof belated but I got into shonen-ai 6th grade year when I was majorly into YYH. I started searching around for fics and found that there were quite a few H/K fics and I finally gave in and started reading them [img]smile.gif[/img] Now that I'm thinking about it...I started young...*sits in corner and ponders*
    Yaoi didn't come until sometime in High School XD

  4. #64
    Inactive Member aikasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2003
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    and to think that i thought i started young...(^^)

  5. #65
    Inactive Member kameko_87's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *laughs* I suppose I'm a bit late with this, but I'll post anyways ^_^ I started reading yaoi two summers ago (wow, I can't believe I'd never heard of the term two years ago... freaky). It was a total accident, too. I'd read a couple Gundam Wing fics with 3x4 in the background, so when I came across a Gundam Wing/Harry Potter fusion with a shonen-ai warning and a 1x2 beside it in brackets, I assumed it'd be like that. I hadn't learned the numerical abreviations for the pilots at that time, so I had no idea what 1x2 meant and figured that the shonen-ai couple would be Trowa and Quatre, since they were the only two I could even contemplate being together. XD Was I ever surprised to find Heero and Duo together in the first chapter! And the fic was CENTERED around them! At first I was completely grossed out, but that soon turned to "...actually, that's kind of cute. REALLY cute, in fact."

    And so began the obsession. And now I read pretty much everything yaoi I can find! And it's all thanks to my utter ignorance of fandom terminology! Yay!

  6. #66
    Inactive Member tenshimeansangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2003
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I feel a small bit late....but...I came into smut itself when I was like 12 because I was on fanfiction.net then and =-.-= I found a 'slash' fiction, well I had no clue what it was and *click* I'm in this sugary sweet thing and I'm just 'screw it, this is cute!' then I became a fan of some animes that come on here (and you don't need to know what it was =-.-=) and I started reading the fanfiction, and I could see the moments that could spark those stories.

    I actually don't remember exactly how I can to S-c.net but I got another friend hooked, that was funny, we were almost in a race to who could read Yami no Matsuei fastest. (I won btw...)

    In my family, only my brothers know that I like yaoi, Tim's scared to death of coming into the study when I'm on the net and Tyler (whom I affected first) will come in as long as it's not to explicit, and sometimes when I'm reorganizing my anime screenshots Ty will come in and say 'him and him make a cute couple' ^^ if my dad or bio mom ever found out that I like yaoi...I think I would be sent to an all girls Catholic school....-.- but my step mom told me and my bros that we're actually allowed to look at porn, and my step dad really doesn't give a darn....my friends know about my anime obsession...t'is funny.

    This is my first post btw so -waves-

  7. #67
    Inactive Member aramaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2003
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    aaah~~~ the wonderful thing we call internet...so many yaoi stuffs can be found there xDDD so many ppl know yaoi from internet..fanfics,fanarts,scanslation sites...hehehe~~ and I found new friends that are yaoi-addict from a local anime forum *yay* at last there's somebody in rl that I can talk to (about all those yaoi stuffs,I mean)

  8. #68
    Inactive Member darkSana's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2003
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm, I was watchin' Sailor Moon , and I loved Kunzite&Zoisite couple. And so on I started to search about such stuff and found ZetsuAi.
    Now I read a lot of yaoi ^^

  9. #69
    Inactive Member ^fluffy^'s Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2002
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    noo.... all yaoi are definitely smutty with sex and all those stuffs, if you read something about boy's love and it is NOT smutty so it's called shounen-ai [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    yes, asian parents are not open minded at all.. that's just so true.... [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

  10. #70
    Inactive Member Lucineko's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I became a great fan of it after reading my still no 1 favorite manga boys next door, on Sakura-crisis ^^

    After that I started to check out gravitation, love mode and etc, now I'm hooked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •